CARGO TRAINEE BROKER
Have you ever stopped to consider how your favourite bands transport all their equipment when they go on a global tour? Or how about how the cars and motorbikes of the F1 or MotoGP make it to every session, in every location, even if there are only a few days in between races? The answer is people like us.
Our cargo division has shipped everything from sand to designer shoes, and priceless art to 17 tonnes of ham. Every day offers up new challenges, with internal progression and planned expansion creating vacancies for new talent to join our current cargo sales team.
If you join us youâ€™ll start your career as a trainee broker, with a senior broker assigned as your mentor. During your first 12 months with us you will work closely with your mentor learning on the job, as well as undertaking our best-in-class training programme. During this time youâ€™ll go out on flight reps, seeing first-hand how cargo is loaded and unloaded from some of the largest aircraft in the world. Youâ€™ll also learn everything from how to build a sales list, to which planes can carry which cargo and how to administer a charter flight.
THE ROLE INCLUDES
- Establishing a portfolio of clients
- Creating brand awareness and generating leads
- Develop and continuously improve on an expert understanding of the aircraft we use for transporting cargo, their range, payload, flight plans, flight times, fuel, handling, availability etc.
- Supplier relationship management
- Managing cargo charter bookings from enquiry to post flight report
- Flight watching / overseeing flight departures
- Adhoc flight repping when required
- IBOS data management (In-house charter management and CRM system)
- Achieving monthly and annual targets
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Ambition, drive and self-motivation
- Confidence in developing relationships with clients and suppliers
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Fluency in both written and verbal English and French is essential,
- Ability to thrive working under pressure
- A high sense of urgency
- Determination to achieve results and exceed goals
- A hard-working team player
- Opportunity for extensive travel
- 20 daysâ€™ holiday per year which increases with length of service
- Additional paid leave options for seasonal holidays, moving house, weddings and civil partnerships.
- Private healthcare and pension
- Award-winning in house training and mentoring including approximately 5 weeks at our London Headquarters
- Promotion and career development opportunities
- A friendly, fun and very exciting environment enhanced with regular company-funded social events, such as seasonal parties and team nights out