CARGO TRAINEE BROKER
Have you ever stopped to consider how your favourite bands transport all their equipment when they go on a global tour? Or how about how the cars and motorbikes of the F1 or MotoGP make it to every session, in every location, even if there are only a few days in between races?
The answer is people like us.
Our cargo division has shipped everything from sand to designer shoes, and priceless art to 17 tonnes of ham. Every day offers up new challenges, with internal progression and planned expansion creating vacancies for new talent to join our current cargo sales team.
Air Charter Service was established in 1990 in the basement of our chairmanâ€™s home and today employs over 400 people globally, across 21 offices on six continents. Not only do we offer aircraft charters in the private, group and cargo sectors, but also further services such as onboard couriers, holiday packages and concierge services. Weâ€™re not just the largest charter brokerage in the world, but also the largest charter family, holding those same values that started this business at the core of everything we do.
If you join us youâ€™ll start your career as a trainee broker, with a senior broker assigned as your mentor. During your first 12 months with us you will work closely with your mentor learning on the job, as well as undertaking our best-in-class training programme. During this time youâ€™ll go out on flight reps, seeing first-hand how cargo is loaded and unloaded from some of the largest aircraft in the world. Youâ€™ll also learn everything from how to build a sales list, to which planes can carry which cargo and how to administer a charter flight.
THE ROLE INCLUDES
- Establishing a portfolio of clients
- Developing an expert understanding of the aircraft and chartering process
- Supplier relationship management
- Managing cargo charter bookings from enquiry to post-flight report
- Flight watching/overseeing flight departures
- Offering more travel that you can handle
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Ambition, drive and self-motivation
- Exceptional communication skills
- Fluency in French is essential
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive working under pressure
- Hardworking and flexible, this role is not simply 9-5
- Valid driving license and passport
- Competitive salary and generous commission
- 22 daysâ€™ holiday per year, which increases with length of service
- Private healthcare and pension
- Free onsite gym and subsidised canteen
- Career development opportunities
- A friendly, fun and exciting environment surrounded by some of the best in the industry